Tuesday, July 19, 2011

expanding my horizons...

Today I added another another bit to my repertoire (I know, I know... I need another project like I need a hole in my head...)

When Bryan called and told me he wouldn't be home for another 3 hours, I decided I had time to waste on Pinterest.  Looking through some boards, I came across this beauty and was absolutely inspired...


While I have no idea who the Avett Brothers are, I completely love the birds and the idea of being set free.  It took my mind to one of my current favorite songs.  The lyrics read, "Captivated, but no longer bound by chain.  Left at an empty grave, the sinner and the sacred restored."

I got to thinking and designing (of course) and recreated this work of art in photoshop with my new wording.  But how was I to print it, and then where would I find a frame big enough that wouldn't cost me an arm and a leg?  Because if its going on my wall it needs to be large.  8x10 picture frames on large walls absolutely drive me nutso...please please add more frames or upgrade your sizes.  Please?

Anyways, I was dreaming of something about 3 feet by 5 feet.  Live a little people.  Close your jaws.  :)

Turns out we had a huge piece of particle board in the basement.  Not quite as big as I was hoping, but 30"x44" will do.  So, what did I do?  That's right.  Yup, I'm now a painter.  Apparently.

And I'm in love...absolutely in love with the outcome.  
Imagine Bryan's reaction when he came home to this:












"Umm where did that come from?"  "Oh I just whipped it up."
He thinks I'm certifiably crazy.


3 comments:

  1. totally awesome...you go girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, I would definitely hang that on my wall! And you would be doing yourself a favor by looking up The Avett Brothers if you are a lover of beautiful music. "Murder in the City" is especially touching. I know it sounds morbid, but it is one of the best examples of familial love I have ever heard.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...