Friday, February 14, 2014

Hi, I'm Kendahl, and I'm a terrible gift giver.


I'm no Valentine's Day expert.  I'm not much of a gift giver.  If you ask my husband, he'd say (with love and a big hug...) that I'm a terrible gift giver.



Bryan had a birthday last month.  I really thought this would be the year.  The year that I didn't give him an awful birthday present.  I planned ahead and started collecting ideas in a note on my phone.  He had to work that day, so I figured I would leave him to his day, and then plan a nice dinner and have a gift waiting.  I had a great idea.  He always talks about how he gets his best ideas in the shower.  He even tried to buy some kids shower crayons to write on the walls once, but they didn't quite do.  I found it.  A waterproof notepad.  It could hang on the wall in the shower, he could write and then when he left the shower, tear off the page and take it with him to remember!

Perfect. 

Small (because I was on a tight budget)...but thoughtful and planned ahead.  And paired with a nice dinner out without the kids, it was sure to be a hit.   

Fast forward to the day of his birthday.  To make a long story short I forgot to find a sitter, his gift arrived at 8 pm, and well...the aqua notes were lame...like extremely lame.  (I should have known...)

So, this Valentine's Day is a redeeming one for me.

I can't spoil any surprises, but I didn't forget.  Gifts are (almost) wrapped, and dinner is already in the crockpot. 

It's nice to hear that you are loved, but empty words don't make good gifts.  I can have the best intentions, but if I wait until the day before to order on Amazon, I'm going to end up with late, awful, aqua notes.  (It's going to take a loooong time to live that one down...)



As the adage goes, "actions speak louder than words..."

So go, be with your valentine today.  

-----------------------------

And here's my gift to you!  All orders placed today will receive this Valentine's Day print FREE.  
(No code necessary.)  Go shop now! ----------->


3 comments:

  1. I think of great gift ideas, but I am the worst procrastinator and often end up giving something less thought out! :(
    Eva Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really nice to see a gift guide where you're actually properly talking about the things you've picked out! :

    important gift

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said but my opinion is book or something like that better then anyone gifts. I am glad have to share your experience with us. wrapped christmas gifts

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...