Friday, June 10, 2011

Project: Forgotten and Found


I'm no professional.  Well, actually, I don't think there is an association or anything, so technically I could claim to be a professional and no one can tell me I'm not.  But, I don't claim to be.  Ahem. Back to where I was. 

I just find joy in what I do.  Decorating.  Redecorating.  
Refinishing.  Repurposing.  Living.  Loving.  
Learning.  And sharing.  

Sharing is part of the reason I write on this blog.  Of course it's nice to look back at posts even a year ago and see where I was in life, but I'm not going to sit here and say that if no one read this that I would keep writing.  It's nice to be heard.  It's nice to get out my thoughts.  But most of all I love sharing my ideas.

And that brings us to my newest "idea".  I wanted a way for you to be able to follow some of the tutorials I put on here.  So I created a project.  Project: Forgotten and Found.  And because I'm a self proclaimed graphic designer, I of course had to make myself a logo.  Did anyone really not see that one coming? :)





Okay, mental picture taken?  Good.  

Before and After is sooo 1999, so I fancied it up a bit.  I take things that other people (or myself) have forgotten and find a new use for them.  
Find new life in them. 

So, keep an eye out for this new logo.  Sometimes I will post just the "forgotten" and make you wait with giddy anticipation until I get around to finishing the project.  Other times you will get lucky and I will post the "forgotten" and then the "found" aka - end result together.   But I will always post the how and the why.  Why did I choose that piece of furniture, why did I use the latex and not the oil based paint, how did I get those lines so straight, why on earth did I make my own bed?  And because I'm no professional (tying it all together...), my ways are not going to be perfect.  Sometimes you may not like my ideas.  Sometimes there will be a better way than the way I'm going to do it.  
But hey, my blog, that's just the way I roll.

I'll leave it at that.  You'll catch on.  I believe in you.  

Oh and because they are both "f" words (not that f-word people!) I might, just might be convinced to do something crazy like "Forgotten and Found Fridays".  
But that's too much pressure for me right now.  Baby Steps.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...