Thursday, October 17, 2013

31 Days | Day 17 : Psalm 126:2


{A little note if you are new here...I am joining up with The Nester  for a 31 Day blogging series.  
To start back at the beginning or find previous days, click here}


This morning was one of those days that was hard to get going.  I was able to get up, walk down the stairs and plop myself back on the couch.  Bryan is such a great help in the mornings, getting up with Ellis, changing him and getting him his morning milk. 

I am so thankful for that.  

(side note:  for anyone new here, I am almost 39 weeks pregnant.  I promise I'm not always this tired.  I am serious when I say I think I will sleep deeper, longer, and more peacefully with a newborn than I do right now...and believe you-me, I know what a newborn brings.  So, please look past my complaints of being so tired.  But really, I write from where I am and hope that I can meet a few of you here.  I know there are a few mamas reading along that are oh so pregnant like me.  So...holla.)

Back to this morning...

We watched a little Thomas, we read tons and tons of books, and we watching a little more Thomas while I closed my eyes on the couch, just for a few minutes.

Then I was awoken to the all too familiar "thump, thump, thump, thump, thump" and I open my eyes to see exactly what I already knew I would see: Ellis dancing on the coffee table.  
Seriously...this kid loves to dance on the coffee table. 

At this point he knows he has been caught.  He knows that he is not supposed to be up there...and he freezes.  As if it's innate in his tiny-boy mind to think that if he stops I won't know what he was just doing...that he can somehow pretend that it didn't just happen.  

I sit up and look at him with my best you-know-that's-not-a-good-choice look.  After about 3 seconds of continuing to freeze, he lets out the biggest joy filled, arms high in the air squeal and just starts dancing like there's no tomorrow.  He says "dance, dance, dance, dance" and stomps his little feet faster than I've ever seen him move. 

And in that moment.  Instead of getting mad.  Instead of keeping my serious look and following through with consistent discipline...

I just laugh. 

...and laugh,

...and laugh.  

We laughed together.  

I held his hands and danced right along with him. 
(no worries, I stayed on the ground people...)

It was exactly what I needed to get out of my morning funk. 

and as we laughed in such a moment of pure toddler-dancing-on-the-table-joy, I couldn't help but think of the truth of this verse in Psalm 126:2...

"the Lord really has done great things..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...