Saturday, October 19, 2013

31 Days | Day 19 : 1 Corinthians 10:31




{A little note if you are new here...I am joining up with The Nester  for a 31 Day blogging series.  
To start back at the beginning or find previous days, click here}




Working or not working...this post is not about that.  Moms do what is best for their kids.  done and done.  I mean it.  I am not getting into it :)  

But what I do want to talk about is doing something outside of taking care of your kids.  

There is definitely something to be said for having an activity that fuels you and refills your tank to be able to get up the next morning and do it all again.  Just as the work week is only 5 days long and Sunday is a day of rest, we were created to take a break.  No one can go all the time doing the same thing.  

We just weren't created that way.  

So, mamas...do something.

Do something fun...!

For some mamas that is a girls' group, bible study, or just reading a good book.  

For others it's having a set workout routine, coffee date all by yourself, or a part time job.


For me, it's my online business and this blog.  It gives me a chance to check out, drink a cup of coffee, and write.  Or to sit down after Ellis has gone to bed at my sewing machine and create something.  It gives me a chance to relax and take my brain off of the chaos of the day.  And furthermore, I love the ability to give (even a very little :) bit of support to the family through my shop.  


Find your something.  Something that brings you joy, and allow yourself a little break from hands-on motherhood.  

You will feel better and your kids will like you better :)  I promise.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...