Tuesday, October 8, 2013

31 Days | Day 8: Proverbs 2:2-3






{A little note if you are new here...I am joining up with The Nester  for a 31 Day blogging series.  
To start back at the beginning or find previous days, click here}



Today's post is a struggle for me. 

I'm writing today's post for me. 

"...ask for understanding."

One of the easiest ways to gain wisdom, is to ask for it.  

We can discuss all the different ways to rest, to be slow to speak, to speak purposefully into our kids lives, all in a great effort to do the right thing all day long.  

But what about the time that you don't know what to do?  What about the situations that leave you dumbfounded and unsure how to respond?  When you discipline over and over and nothing seems to change.  When you are hit with bad news that you somehow have to relay to your child.  When you just have nothing left at the end of a long day and doing the right thing just seems overwhelming. 

Just ask for understanding.

Ask for guidance.  

Ask for intervention. 

And let God give it to you.

This is a hard thing for me to do.  I try to rely on my own understanding and not give up control.  

What I find most often, is that I end up losing control because I refuse to give it up.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...